Sunday, March 21, 2010

My new baby


In this post, u will experience the full-blown extent of my hidden geekiness... U have been warned... XD
There she lies, in all her glorious beauty, sleeping so soundly on my bed... my new VAIO... haha...
I might sound like some loony geek who's drooling all over the floor, but trust me, if u have one of these babies, you'd be doing the same too...


I mean... Just look at it. White. Simple. Stylish. Beauty. I've run outta words to describe it! It really is a huge contrast to my also-white but seriously messy bed... XD


Well, enough of drool and let me introduce my new toy to u guys. It's a Sony Vaio CW26FG, a 14-incher that cost RM3999... A tad pricey, but I believe its worth every damn cent that went into it...


It comes with an Intel Core i5-520M processor, clocked at 2.40GHz, 3MB Level 3 Cache with TurboBoost up to 2.93 GHz... I've only got this baby for a week, and without much time to transfer my stuff over, so I have not really tweaked around with the benchmarks and the gimmicks of this laptop... Shame really...


It also comes with the now almost-standard 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB 5400 RPM hard disk, and of course, the new Windows 7 Home Premium. Since I was using Vista before this, 7 is not too major an upgrade for me... Most things still run pretty much the same, after an hour or 2, it felt just like home =)


Of course, the graphics are not to be missed out... A Nvidia GT330m is the heart of this notebook's graphic capabilities. According to Notebookcheck's mobile graphics cards comparison list, the GT330m is a Class 2 graphics card that can pretty much handle most of the newer games on medium or so graphics settings. Good enough for me...


One reason Im raving all over my notebook is that, its not just a bimbo, its a beauty with brains... The figures from the Windows Experience Index should speak for all... 6.8 for processor and 6.4 for graphics.... (outta 7.9)*whistles*
That's almighty nuts! My only gripe is that old games like Starcraft don't work on Windows 7... So yeah... But I'll get my grubby hands on some new games too...

So... To descibe my new baby in one word? Perfection. U cant really get much better than this at the price range.... A sleek 14-incher, 2.4 kgs and armed to the teeth... A well-rounded medium-range laptop which is perfect for work and play... Tempted? =p


Terima kasih banyak banyak! XD
The Tech Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment