Monday, March 15, 2010

IRF

IRF. Industry Recruitment Forum.... or so I think... (Don't know why my head keeps thinking its International Recruitment Forum, makes sense though...) Oh well, basically its the day (as I explained b4), where all these big honchos from hotel groups come to see us, some even interview us for possible internships... Sounds great eh, in theory? But actually, it is a total bummer of a day...

Reasons? Most of the companies that come dont really accept non-EU students due to visa issues... and then U have some places like disneyland paris, where u need really fluent french, or some other chains where they require u to be elligible to work in their country b4 u even think about applying... So... this leaves us with... a very limited choice....

In my last post, I mentioned about having 2 interviews, but it got even further narrowed down to one... The bloody Taj ppl had some "emergency meeting", so no1 was there, supposed to have skype/telephone interviews but it all didnt work out... and remember i also mentioned I was supposed to have 3? Well, here's the story...

I applied for Marina Mandarin Singapore, apparently last year it was one of the hottest hotels, every1 applied for it... In fact they had to interview 15 ppl at one shot. F-I-F-T-E-E-N. ZOMFG. And according to some "insider news", those bastards from HR already chose the successful applicants even BEFORE the damn interviews began... So why bother?

Well, I didnt get the MMS (Marina bla bla bla) interview... because apparently their manager had to skip the trip due to some "business developments". How fancy. Hey guys, if u wanna cook up a story, do a better one ok? Cant u send a more junior manager? Or some1 who's on the same level? Define business developments!?  Dont ur company want more interns?

My conspiracy theory is... These bastards are all out to save cash, since its a global recession and all... So they would just like to recruit domestically, saves lots of time,money,trouble... And being Singaporean (no offense, I just HAVE TO take a swipe at u fellas), they probably gave some lame excuse for not coming. Finito. *applause*

Well, how about ur other interview, u guys might ask... Well... IMHO, the school probably filtered the applicants according to the criteria that the company gave, so... Malmaison made a big blunder in that case... All they said was... Any nationality, speaks english. GENIUS. Isnt that like... EVERY DAMN STUDENT HERE? So...

Its their folly that they have to interview like 300 of us... IN ONE DAY... So they resorted to groups of 4, lasting for 10 minutes each... In fact, it was more like a personal presentation about their company... They just talk about who they are, what do they do, etc etc... And in the end, we have to send our CVs to them via email anyway... Opinion? I dont even have to say anything... I quote one of the chaps who was with me during the interview: "Bullshit company.". Still. I want a job there. Confused? LOL.

Ah well, probably the first post that I really ranted about something... Just for kicks actually... Well, if this post kinda opened ur eyes a lil, its barely the tip of the iceberg... expect more swipes at Singapore (for some reason, maybe its the "Neighbouring Country Rivalry" thingy) in future posts... And rants that seem to start from nowhere and end nowhere... That's all for now folks...

Merci mes amis!
Monsieur Chan

p/s: I wonder how am I gonna survive 6months of working in Singapore WITHOUT condemning the country even once if I get a job there. LOL. XP

No comments:

Post a Comment